주메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기 페이지하단 바로가기
Alumni
  • People
  • Alumni

Alumni

fd

Hima, Kandula Nagamanasa Telephone : Former Research Fellow

I believe in the saying “Seeing is Believing” that’s why here I am doing soft matter experiments where, often we get to peep into the system very easily using relatively simple optical techniques. The other driving force for me to stay in this field of research - most things we encounter in our daily life are soft materials and we ourselves are a complex assembly of soft materials.

My first taste to soft matter research was from my PhD which I got from Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore India in March, 2015. There I have worked with colloidal particles to understand some common phenomena like nucleation, growth, defect dynamics, glasses and glass transition. So the general theme of my research was to use colloids as models to investigate atomistic phenomena.

To dwell into other areas of soft matter, I moved to this IBS center in April, 2015. Currently, I am working with active colloids and I am planning to expand my research to other soft systems.

목록

Sitemap

레이어 내용