주메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기 페이지하단 바로가기
Alumni
  • People
  • Alumni

Alumni

fd

Wang, Huan Telephone : Former Senior Research Fellow

I obtained my Ph.D from Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Az, USA, in Jul. 2015, and joined in IBS CSLM in Dec. as a postdoctoral researcher in Prof. Steve Granick's group.

Trained as an analytical chemist, my Ph.D work was to develop a new microscopy method to look into polymer/fluid interfacial nanoscopic structure under nonequilibrium flow condition with sub nm resolution. Thereafter, I became interested in development and application of state-of-art imaging tools, various artificial eyes, to the study of dynamics of soft matter at interface at different lengths and time scales.

At microscale, I use confocal fluroescence microscopy to understand everyday phenomenon of droplet drying and explore unexpected, collective dynamics of polymers during this highly nonequilibrium process. At nanoscale, with transmission electron microscopy, the most spatially resolved artifical eyes, in combination with graphene liquid cell, I enjoy watching single polymer chains dancing in solution, ranging from synthetic polymers to biopolymers (i.e. DNA, RNA and proteins). 

"Seeing is believing", the meaning of this old saying has been rejuvenated by continuous breakthroughs in temporal and spatial resolution, which not only helps us understand the world around us better, perhaps more importantly, but also learn more about ourselves, lively, adaptive self-assembled structures of soft matter; similar yet different individuals.

목록

Sitemap

레이어 내용